I get a fatal error when I try to install the Beta-4 version:
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/html/feather4/featherbb/Core/gettext/l10n.php on line 23 Fatal error: Class 'FeatherBB\Controller\URL' not found in /var/www/html/feather4/featherbb/Controller/Install.php on line 140
Thanks for the bug report. This is my fault, I didn't test installation after my gettext commits. Can you retry with the latest version available here? https://github.com/featherbb/featherbb
Have a good day,
Yes, the updated version solved the installation problem, but I can't login or access any of the other menu links (userlist, search, profile). I get a 404 bad request like:
The requested URL /feather4/auth was not found on this server.
OK, this is most likely a server-related issue. What server do you use? (Apache, Nginx...)
If this is Apache, did the .htaccess.dist file was copied to .htaccess in the root? It works fine for me with Apache in my Wamp, however Nginx (like here) requires more tuning.
Thanks, it's working now. I'm using Apache and I forgot to rename the .htaccess.dist file. Sorry ...
Normally the .htaccess.dist has to be renamed to .htaccess during the installation (l.240 of Controller/Install.php), you shouldn't have to do it yourself. Could you please retry a clean install and check if the file is properly renamed ? If not, we should edit the line just above to make sure the .htaccess is renamed on every type of installation
Thank you for your feedback !
Last edited by beaver (2016-02-22 19:33:47)
beaver is right, it should be renamed automatically. It might not have been because of your server's permissions though. In this case, we should display a warning. Moreover, in previous versions, links would work prefixed by 'index.php' like yourforum/index.php/userlist
I did a clean install of the latest version once again and the htaccess file was renamed automatically this time. And there were no problems with accessing the menu links. I'm not sure why I couldn't get it working the first time.
But I discovered another issue, which I guess I should report in a separate post.
We will change the Router class to make sure .htaccess files are correctly handled. Thanks again for your report and yes keep each issue in a separate topic is preferable. You can also use Github issue tracker if you want.
[ Generated in 0.049695 seconds, 6 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.44 MiB (Peak: 1.47 MiB) ]