FeatherBB

Lighter than a feather.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-08 04:44:59

daymond

Some suggestions for FeatherBB

Hey developers of FeatherBB,

Thank you for making FeatherBB even though this is a fork of FluxBB. However, I know that it now uses different architecture as well as having more improved features (new responsive skin, for example). Here are some of my suggestions for the forum software.

One thing that FluxBB and many other forks of it lack is the SEO Friendly features and Post editor. This forum needs SEO Friendly Url, Meta description, Canonical tag, and HTML5 semantic structure.

As for the post editor, I recommend you guys use something like ckeditor.com or summernote.org

Thanks,

Last edited by daymond (2015-06-08 04:46:45)

#2 2015-06-08 09:20:38

adaur
Lead developer
Website

Re: Some suggestions for FeatherBB

Hi daymond,

One thing that FluxBB and many other forks of it lack is the SEO Friendly features and Post editor.

I agree. SEO will be implemented, I still need to figure out how to make it work with all web servers cleanly and not just Apache (we're running Nginx here as an example).

As for the Post editor, I agree once more, however I haven't found the right solution yet: I don't want to include jQuery in the core for the editor. We need a lightweight solution, I'd be glad if you found one. If there is no solution, it will be an extension - and not a problem since all we'll need to do to install it is drop the files to the FTP.

This forum needs SEO Friendly Url, Meta description, Canonical tag, and HTML5 semantic structure

Yep, we'll see what we can do :).

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.043676 seconds, 6 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.41 MiB (Peak: 1.45 MiB) ]