FeatherBB

Lighter than a feather.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-21 19:00:59

hcgtv

Dev branch install

Hi,

Just grabbed the developement branch and went through the install.php script.

The tables were created just fine, the users were added. I tried to access index.php, it keeps taking me back to install.php. Deleted install.php, it keeps wanting to go back to install.php- some sort of loop?

Specs: Debian GNU/Linux 8.1 (jessie) - Apache (2.4.10) - MySQL (5.5.43) - PHP (5.6.9)

The forum is installed in a subfolder, like http://example.com/featherbb - don't know if that has any bearing with the new url rewriting features.

Anyway, would love to try it out, let me know what I could do.

Thanks.

#2 2015-06-21 20:09:18

adaur
Lead developer
Website

Re: Dev branch install

Hi,

Thank you for your interest. At the moment, we could consider the master branch as 'almost stable' and the dev branch as 'unstable'. It is not possible to launch an installation from the dev branch for now and all the files are not accessible (moderate and almost all the admin panel for example, only Air is supported on the dev branch atm).

If you want to try out the new features (URL rewriting), you can either use a FluxBB database and the files from the dev branch, or launch the installation with files from the master branch, and copy the files from the dev branch over the old ones.

Of course, the process will be simplified very soon.

#3 2015-06-22 07:46:09

hcgtv

Re: Dev branch install

I was able to install the master branch.

Light as a feather Wink

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.048705 seconds, 6 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.41 MiB (Peak: 1.45 MiB) ]