Lighter than a feather.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-05 19:13:15

adaur
Lead developer
Website

Welcome to FeatherBB

http://www.zupmage.eu/i/9hJMTrnQiV.png

FeatherBB is a new bulletin board system. Written in PHP and SQL, it aims to be very simple and lightweight.

Lighter than a feather !

Built on the top of FluxBB 1.5 branch, whose stability is no more to be proved, FeatherBB has a MVC architecture (separation of code and logic), and a very nice reponsive theme (thanks to Magicalex). It will use PDO and OOP in a short-term future. Plugins with 1 click installation will also be supported, as well as an anti-spam system.

Meanwhile, you can follow the coding on GitHub: https://github.com/featherbb/featherbb

You are more than welcome to contribute to the development; pulling on GitHub is the simplest way.

#2 2015-06-16 20:01:42

eric235u

Re: Welcome to FeatherBB

Good luck with the project!

#3 2015-06-16 21:12:41

adaur
Lead developer
Website

Welcome here! Thank you :).

#4 2015-06-27 20:56:31

sklerder

Hi all !

Adaur, I like your idea to fork from FluxBB.

3 years ago, I made the choice to create my forum on a FluxBB basis.
The reasons of my choice (FluxBB) were that :
- I was familiar with PunBB 1.22 on another forum.
- FluxBB (1.5.0 at that time) was the continuity of the PunBB that I was used to (PunBB was no more the same that 1.22 at that time).
- FluxBB was the lightest/quickest forum I ever tried.
- FluxBB had a system of mods that was "open" (although complicated, but with Patcher, it became rather easy)

I had much work to add some mods to FluxBB in order to have all the functions were needed on my forum, but managed to have a forum like I wanted it to be.

The fact you fork from FluxBB 1.5, the plans you have, the hook system, etc.  should permit me to migrate to some more recent forum that would not depend a complicated framework like Laravel.

So, I like your project.

I won't be a direct contributor in developing (I'm not a PHP developer), but be sure of my support, and that I will try to help as far as I can.

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.046797 seconds, 6 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.42 MiB (Peak: 1.46 MiB) ]